T-50-2

« Back to List« Go to the U.S.S.R. Tech Tree
T-50-2
The T-50 is a light tank manufactured at the Kirov Plant in Leningrad. Development of a new light tank to replace the T-26 began in early 1940. In autumn, after studying the design of the Pz.Kpfw. III German medium tank, all technical requirements were laid out. The vehicle's design featured the commander's cupola with all-round observation, and the Commander stopped performing the functions of the Gunner and the Loader. The final requirements were developed in November 1940, and the new tank was designated T-50. At the beginning of 1941, one prototype was built at the Kirov Plant and underwent trials, but never saw service. The project was discontinued in favor of the T-50 developed at Factory No. 174.

57 mm ZiS-4T

T-34S

10RKM

V-4-2

T-50-2

Shell Types:

AP
APCR
HE

Equipment:

Consumables:

These characteristics apply to the vehicle with the crew trained to 100%.

Firepower:

Ammunition76 (rounds)
Caliber 57 (mm)
Damage 85 / 85 / 95 (HP)
Penetration 118 / 165 / 29 (mm)
Rate of Fire 20.00 (rounds/min)
Average Damage per Minute 1700 (HP)
Shells in the Magazine   
Time for Loading Between Shots   (s)
Time for Complete Loading   (s)
Reload Time3.00 (s)
Aiming Time 1.80 (s)
Dispersion at 100 m 0.38 (m)

Mobility:

Weight/Load Limit16.00 / 18.00 (t)
Engine Power 550 (h.p.)
Specific Power34.38 (h.p./t)
Top Speed65 (km/h)
Reverse Speed23 (km/h)
Traverse Speed48 (deg/s)
Gun Traverse Speed52 (deg/s)

Survivability:

Hit Points580 (HP)
Hull Armor37 / 37 / 37 (mm)
Turret Armor52 / 52 / 52 (mm)

Spotting:

View Range 370 (m)
Signal Range730 (m)
 

Crew:

Commander(Radio Operator)
Driver
Gunner
Loader